Babcias Polish Chicken SoupFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- 1 4 lb soup chicken or equivalent in chicken parts shopping list
- 2 large parsnips, cut into 2 or 3 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 onion shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 lb carrots, scraped and cut into rounds shopping list
- 1 small green cabbage, quartered and sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Kluski, wide egg noodles or rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken, parsnip, onion and bay leaf. Cover with water and add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and parsnip. Add carrots and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove chicken from bone and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add cabbage and simmer 15 minutes more. Return chicken pieces to soup.
- Serve with egg noodles, rice or kluski (thick-cut Polish noodles)