Hopia MungoFrom betchie 5 years ago
- For filling: 1 pkg yellow mungo (mung bean) shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- For dough 1: 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsps sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c oil shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- For dough 2: 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Cook mungo with the water until it has turned into a thick paste and the mungo is mashed. Add the sugar. Chill until thoroughly cool.
- Meanwhile, make doughs. by mixing all the ingredients for dough 1 and separtely dough 2.
- Relax dough 1 in the refrigerator for about 10 mins. Roll out into a long rectangle about 24 x 10. Spread dough 2 thinly on dough 1. Roll as for jellyroll. Cut about 1/3 inch thick disks.
- Roll disks to about 3", fill with filling, gather the edges and place on parchment lined sheet pans seam side down. Eggwash and bake for about 15 mins . Cool