Bean Potato SoupFrom frankieanne 5 years ago
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used olive) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (I didn't have any) shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water (I used two cans) shopping list
- 1 (15.5 oz) can great northern beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 1 (15.5 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste (I didn't feel tomatoey, so I didn't add this) shopping list
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (about 3/4 lb) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I used italian seasoning instead) shopping list
- ~ I also added two cloves of minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and bell pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender (I put the cubed potatoes in as well. I cooked them about five minutes and then added the garlic and cooked for another minute.). Stir in all remaining ingredients (including beans). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- ~ My soup only took about 20 minutes to cook - probably due to the size of my potatoes. I added some grated parmesan cheese on top and had it with some French bread.
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!