Easy Chicken MarsalaFrom absoluteevents 8 years ago
- 3lb chicken breast, boneless shopping list
- 6lg garlic cloves shopping list
- 10oz button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 lg shallot, minced shopping list
- 2c marsala wine shopping list
- 1c chicken broth shopping list
- 1c beef broth shopping list
- 2Tbs parsley, fresh shopping list
- 6lg basil leaves, fresh shopping list
- 2Tbs butter, salted shopping list
- 3Tbs oil shopping list
- 1/4c corn starch shopping list
- flour shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Between plastic wrap pound chicken with a mallet so that all pieces are a consistant thickness. Cut chicken into stips. Meanwhile, In a large saute pan heat oil and butter on medium-high to approx 300F.
- Season about 11/2c of flour with salt and pepper. Taste flour for salt. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shake off excess. Pan fry chicken until browned on both sides. Depending on size of your pan you may need to do this in batches. Remove chicken from pan and allow to drain onto a paper towel.
- Discard a little less than half of the oil/butter, turn heat on high. Add minced shallot, chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms. Saute this until shallot is translucent and mushrooms and garlic begin to brown. Add Marsala and becareful of the flame! Deglaze pan and loosen with a wooden spoon. Once most of what was on the pan is loosened add chicken and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Mix about a 1/4 cup of corn starch with the same amount of cold water. Slowly pour and stir corn starch into boiling sauce until it boils again and is a little thinner than desired final consistancy. Add cooked chicken, finely chopped parsley and coarsely chopped basil; simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookabsoluteevents Watervliet, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!