Sweet Potato PieFrom crossfire 8 years ago
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed. shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust shopping list
- ½ cup butter, melted shopping list
- ½ cup honey shopping list
- 1 ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- ½ cup sour milk shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add potatoes to large bowl of electric mixer. Add melted butter, honey and sugar. Beat on medium speed. Discard the long, stringy fibers that collect around the electric beaters as you beat the filling. In the end, you want a smooth, string free filling.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Pour in sour milk. Add spices. Beat until the filling is smooth. Pour the filing into pie crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- It took mine 60 minutes to bake.