Mixed Nut BaklavaFrom junita55 6 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare Syrup First
- Combine 4 cups sugar, lemon juice, water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to the boil; allow boiling for 10 minutes.
- Add rosewater
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Allow to cool.
- Preparing Baklava
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and nuts in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Butter the bottom of a baking dish
- Unroll dough and cut to fit baking dish
- Place two sheets of dough in the baking dish brush with butter and repeat until half the filo is used then spread about 1 cup of nut mixture over the last layer of filo.
- Place two sheets of filo on top brush with butter
- Repeat until nut and sugar mixture is all used on the final layer of filo brush with butter
- Cut into squares and then cut each square in half diagonally to make triangles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pour syrup over top of baklava and allow [t to seep through saturating it well
- Let cool serve with cream