Roast Red Pepper HummusFrom rescue_ranger 6 years ago
- 3 red bell peppers or canned roasted red peppers shopping list
- 3 cups chickpeas, canned or cooked and rinsed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup tahini (sesame butter) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoon virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place the whole peppers in an oven-proof skillet and set them to cook in a preheated 450 F. oven. Turn the peppers every 10 minutes; roast them for approximately 30 minutes or until the skins have blackened. Place the roast peppers directly from the oven into a paper bag and seal it closed. Allow the peppers to rest for 10 minutes in the bag, this will loosen their skins. Remove the peppers from the bag and while holding them under cool running water, peel away the black skins and remove the stems and seeds; all that should remain is the flesh of the roast peppers.
- Combine the roast peppers, chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and purȥ until smooth. Add the tahini, lemon, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper; puree another minute until the mixture is very smooth.
- To serve: place the hummus on a large plate that has been lined with lettuce leaves. Make an indentation in the center of the hummus and pour in the olive oil. Sprinkle the parsley across the hummus and serve with Arabic flatbread or pita.