Mango Almond Macaroon TorteFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 3 large ripe mangos shopping list
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds shopping list
- 1/3 cup matzah meal shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then lightly grease a round cake pan.
- Put brown sugar, ginger and lime juice in prepared pan and place over low heat.
- Cook stirring until brown sugar melts and comes to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Core peel and cut mangos into 1/4" slices.
- Arrange slices over sugar mixture in pan in concentric circles.
- Place over low heat and simmer 8 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place almonds in food processor and process until paste forms.
- Add matzah meal, white sugar, vanilla and lime zest then process until combined.
- In small bowl whisk egg whites until frothy then add to food processor and process until smooth.
- Carefully spread almond mixture over the mangos and bake 30 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen then invert onto a cake plate.
- Let cool completely before serving.