Rice and Cheese CasseroleFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 ts. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 tablesppons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat water, rice, salt, mustard, pepper and the peppe sauce to boiling in 1 1/2 quart saucepan, stirring once or twice; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 14 minutes. (Do not lift cover or stir).
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff lighly with fork.
- Cover and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in onion and bell pepper.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease rectangular baking dish, 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Pour rice mixture into baking dish.
- Mix eggs, egg whites and milk; pour over rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving