Stuffed ClamsFrom jlv1023 8 years ago
- 8 cans of minced clams ** shopping list
- 1 large onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 carrots finely chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb salt pork or pancetta shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 lb butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 slices Italian bread shopping list
- 2 cups flavored bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 pkg (16 oz) shredded mozzerella cheese shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- dill shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- ** I usually will also use fresh chopped clams that you can find in the fish section of the store or fresh chopped clams from a seafood market shopping list
How to make it
- Dice salt pork or pancetta and fry until cooked very crispy. Remove the saltpork (Pancetta) from skillet and chop very finely ( I put in a food processor).
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery until tender, remove and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy and chop finely also, (I use food processor)
- Tear Italian bread into very small pieces (use food processor if you like)
- Melt butter.
- Open canned clams and separate liquid from clams and reserve liquid.
- Put clams into a very large bowl. Add cooked vegetables, crumbled salt pork (pancetta), bacon, parsley, eggs, melted butter, Italian bread cubes, one cup of clam juice.
- Mix well, add bread crumbs until mixture is firm but still moist and season with pepper, dill, garlic powder, and Old Bay Seasoning. (I do not add salt as I feel the salt pork, and bacon are salty enough). Mix in mozzerella cheese
- Fill clam halfs with stuffing and line in a baking pan. Top each clam half crossed with bacon strips. Sprinkle with paprika & parsley. I tab each with a little softened butter for flavor.
- Fill bottom of pan with water
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, covered (check to make sure pan still has water in it, if not add more). After 45 minutes uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes till thoroughly heated thru.
- Enjoy with a nice salad. Makes great appetizers, too!!
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!