Appetizer Dilly Cheese TreesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dill weed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cheese and butter mixing at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add combined flour, seasonings and soda to cheese mixture then mix well.
- Add whipping cream and blend well then divide dough in half.
- Flatten then wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- On lightly floured surface roll to 1/8” thickness.
- Cut with 2 inch tree shaped cookie cutter and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with combined egg yolk and water then sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.