Chicken Wings MarinatedFrom lor 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 - 3 lb. chicken wings, cut at the joints and the wing tips discarded or set aside for later use in stock. shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth shopping list
- 2 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp. your favourite BBQ sauce or Heinz 57 shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. honey or brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper or a couple of dashes Tabasco sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large zip lock bag and marinate the chicken wings for approximately 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the wings and gently shake off any excess sauce.
- Grill the wings on the barbecue for approximately 10 minutes on each side. You can also bake these chicken wings in the oven at 400 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes.
- A word of caution. The original recipe suggested that the reserved marinade be heated for a few minutes and to be served on the side. I prefer to omit that step and I make double the amount of marinade and set some aside in a saucepan for either basting of dipping.