MinestroneFrom cherriepie 8 years ago
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 rashes of bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves smashed shopping list
- 3 celery stalks finely diced shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced shopping list
- sea salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste shopping list
- 12 green beans, cut into 1cm pieces shopping list
- 400g can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 litres of chicken stock shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 75grams macaroni pasta shopping list
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato sauce(or ketchup) shopping list
- parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan and sweat the bacon.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and salt. Sauté for about 7-8 minutes
- Add the tomato paste and beans and cook a further 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, bay leaves and the stock.
- Bring to the boil and let simmer for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add the pasta, stir and cook for 9 minutes
- Add the cannellini beans and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Check the season, adding more salt and pepper if necessary and add the tomato sauce.
- To serve, remove the bay leaves and pour into bowls.
- Grate parmesan on top and serve with crusty bread