Vegetable stewFrom 444garnet 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- ¼ tsp thyme (dried) shopping list
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2” pieces (if ends are large, cut in half) shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into 2” pieces shopping list
- 5 small or 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed, drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions, garlic cloves (leave whole), thyme and bay leaves.
- Cook 12 minutes or until onions are brown.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, zucchini, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to high and add the red wine.
- Stir and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half (about 7 minutes).
- Add the water, tomato paste and flour and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the garbanzo beans and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
The Cook444garnet St Louis, MO
The Rating2 people
I can't wait to try this :)donman in Hammond loved it
this is really good and hearty. I didnt have any cumin so i substituted with curry. Next time i try it i want to thicken it with sour cream instead of flour. Also, add salt towards the end of cooking, potatoes like to suck all the salt out of thei...morehartwiet in North Chili loved it
The sour cream works really well too. I omitted the flour but did everything else the same. then when it was served, i added a big dallop of sour cream to each bowl and stirred it in. It was really good!hartwiet in North Chili loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!