Paula Deens Cheesy Ham and Banana CasseroleFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- butter shopping list
- 12 slices white bread shopping list
- 8 large slices deli ham shopping list
- 4 bananas, sliced on the bias shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar shopping list
- 2 cups crushed potato chips shopping list
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
- Butter both sides of the bread and layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even.
- Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the casserole almost to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating3 people
Gotta love Paula - gotta love this recipe! I'm making GF bread this week and will definitely give this a try! High 5 for yummmmm!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Love Paula's recipes, never heard of this one before. So different! Definitely a 5, and I'll be trying it soon!juels in Clayton loved it
well..this is different, thaks for posting it
5frodo in meadville loved it