Paula Deens Cheesy Ham and Banana CasseroleFrom cardinal54 6 years ago
- butter shopping list
- 12 slices white bread shopping list
- 8 large slices deli ham shopping list
- 4 bananas, sliced on the bias shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar shopping list
- 2 cups crushed potato chips shopping list
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
- Butter both sides of the bread and layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even.
- Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the casserole almost to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating3 people
well..this is different, thaks for posting it
5frodo in meadville loved it
Love Paula's recipes, never heard of this one before. So different! Definitely a 5, and I'll be trying it soon!juels in Clayton loved it
Gotta love Paula - gotta love this recipe! I'm making GF bread this week and will definitely give this a try! High 5 for yummmmm!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it