old fashioned apple pieFrom frodo 8 years ago
How to make it
- roll out pastry on floured surface and line a 9" pie plate
- fill with sliced apples. mix sugar,salt,nutmeg,and cinnamon.
- sprinkle over apples, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- dot with butter, cover with top crust, seal and crimp
- flute edges. prick top crust with a fork.
- bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes
The Cookfrodo Meadville, MS
The Rating3 people
LOVE IT!!!! Thanks, Fro -- HIGH FIVE --- you changed your avatar again! What happened to the caveman?!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Hi, Frodo! Looks like you've been busy making one of my favorites - this one reminds me of Mom's homemade apple pie! And since I live about 10 minutes away from the apple 'Mecca' of the world (Wenatchee, Washington), I've got tons of fresh apples a...morefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Yummy - apple pies are a favorite at our house. I have always used nutmeg & cinnamon. Great pictures!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!