Shrimp in White SauceFrom melsmex 7 years ago
- 12 large unpeeled shrimp shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- ½ cup white flour shopping list
- 8 ounces salted butter shopping list
- ½ cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 ¾ cup cold milk shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 medium sized jar of red bell pepper, drained, cut into strips (or roast and peel your own!) shopping list
- ½ cup parsley, washed, finely diced shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the flour, moving constantly until the mixture thickens. Lower the heat, add the wine, then the milk and continue mixing until it thickens and simmers for a few minutes. Add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and remove from heat. Meanwhile, rinse the shrimp under cold water to clean. Heat one cup water in a small pan along with ½ teaspoon salt. When it comes to a boil, add the shrimp and let them boil for one minute. Remove from heat and drain. Remove the shells and dry with paper towels. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the shrimp in a casserole and top with the white sauce. Adorn the top with the peppers and the parsley. Place in the oven and heat for ten minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookmelsmex Medina, OH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!