Almond CookiesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter lightly salted shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2-1/3 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped blanched almonds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 5 squares semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/3 cup almonds for sprinkling on top shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar until blended.
- With fork add egg, vanilla and almond extract then beat in flour until blended.
- Stir in almonds then cover and chill 2 hours.
- Shape level teaspoon into log shape then preheat oven to 350.
- Grease cookie sheet and place batter 1-1/2” apart and bake 15 minutes until set.
- Cool 3 minutes and put on wire rack to finish cooling.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in double broiler then cool slightly.
- Dip cookies halfway and sprinkle almonds on top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!