Helens Cranberry Apple SauceFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda for Baking) shopping list
- 1 Braeburn or gala apple, peeled & grated shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- pinch of ground cloves shopping list
- 1 bag fresh or frozen cranberries (12 oz) shopping list
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil cider, sugar, apple, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves
- Add cranberries and simmer 10-12 miuntes until berries burst.
- Keep simmering until the sauce thickens
- Stir in vinegar, season with salt.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- 1/2 cup serving for 8 servings
- 49 Calories
- 0 fat
- 12.48g carbs
- 0 Protein
- 2.36g fiber
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating3 people
Sounds great! My mom always makes the cranberry sauce, and of course I always have the OS canned jellied for us white-bread kind of people - LOL (we know who we are) I might try this though for one of my turkeys this year!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
This recipe is definitly a treasure! Thanks so much for sharing this one!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
awsome post thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it