Taco FillingFrom momofonesofar 8 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons EACH chili powder & cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- dash EACH oregano and cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup tap water shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the hamburger in a large skillet until it is brown. Break it up finely with a fork. When it is cooked, all the way through, drain off the fat if necessary. Measure the seasonings and cornstarch into the skillet with the meat. Mix it up and add the tap water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat. Use this to fill hard or soft taco shells. Add tomato, lettuce, sour cream or yogurt, salsa, cheese and what ever else you like.
- When I use hard shells, I fill the taco shells with the filling and top them with cheese. Then I arrange them in a baking pan and bake them at 400° for a few minutes to crisp up the shells and melt the cheese.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!