Pumpkin Pound CakeFrom kytigger 6 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or other nuts shopping list
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries shopping list
- orange juice (optional) shopping list
- coarse sugar (optional) shopping list
- maraschino cherries (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Add flour mixture and pumpkin alternately to shortening mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until combined. Stir in raisins, nuts, and cherries.
- Turn batter into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Brush with orange juice and sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Garnish with maraschino cherries, if desired. Makes 14 to 16 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Refrigerate cake, covered, up to 3 days. Or freeze, wrapped in foil, up to 2 months.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating3 people
I make Pumpkin bread every fall,I think I'll try this too.Thankyou!!!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Wow, this has got to be wonderful, I'll be making this one for sure. 5 forkshenrie in Savannah loved it
YUMOLA with a capital Y. This sounds incredible. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!