Pancit Sotanghon - Glass NoodleFrom romedlab 6 years ago
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb. Sotanghon or vermicelli or bean Thread noodles, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes shopping list
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1 cup green onion, cut into ¼ inch shopping list
- 1 small pkg of matchstick carrots (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. annatto powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken breast until cool. Drain chickenand slice into strips. Reserve chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and onion until cook
- Add the chicken strips, salt, pepper, annatto powder & fish sauce (if using). Saute for a few minutes until the color is even
- Add carrots & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for 2 minutes then add chicken broth. Cover until it comes to a boil.
- Add the sotanghon noodles mixing well to distribute the color and flavor.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasoning to desire taste.
- Before turning off the heat, sprinkle the green onions on top or before seving.
- Serve with lemon wedges
The Cookromedlab Los Angeles, CA
The Rating4 people
another high5 recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This dish sounds delicious. I will certainly be trying it. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
This sounds really interesting and delicious. I love the annatto and fish sauce flavors here. Great post, high 5 - and thanks so much! I can't wait to try it. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!