Pancit Sotanghon - Glass NoodleFrom romedlab 8 years ago
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb. Sotanghon or vermicelli or bean Thread noodles, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes shopping list
- 2 cups reserved chicken broth shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1 cup green onion, cut into ¼ inch shopping list
- 1 small pkg of matchstick carrots (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp. annatto powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken breast until cool. Drain chickenand slice into strips. Reserve chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute garlic and onion until cook
- Add the chicken strips, salt, pepper, annatto powder & fish sauce (if using). Saute for a few minutes until the color is even
- Add carrots & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for 2 minutes then add chicken broth. Cover until it comes to a boil.
- Add the sotanghon noodles mixing well to distribute the color and flavor.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasoning to desire taste.
- Before turning off the heat, sprinkle the green onions on top or before seving.
- Serve with lemon wedges
The Cookromedlab Los Angeles, CA
The Rating4 people
Never could follow Tagalog but this dish sounds great!mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
This sounds really interesting and delicious. I love the annatto and fish sauce flavors here. Great post, high 5 - and thanks so much! I can't wait to try it. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This dish sounds delicious. I will certainly be trying it. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!