Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal CookiesFrom hikergirl 6 years ago
- 1 cup (less 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (or chop up bars with a knife). I think this is 70% cocoa shopping list
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use quick oats) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars until well mixed.
- Add in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, while the mixer is going.
- Mix until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, wisk (or sift) flour, salt and soda together.
- Mix this into creamy mixture in two different batches.
- Stir in chocolate, nuts and oatmeal.
- Cover and refrigerate for about three hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop by 1/3 cup (I use an icecream scoop, so they come out perfectly round--or make them into round balls with your hands) and place on baking sheet. I use a baking stone (I think this makes a HUGE difference). Place them about two inches apart. Only about 8 fit at a time.
- Bake for about 22 min, and they might be a little shiney on top and look slighty undone. This is OKAY; they are more chewy and gooey this way.
- Put baking sheet on top of stove to 'set' for about 5 min.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 10 min. or so.
- Store in very airtight container, or freeze.
The Cookhikergirl 6th Of October, Egypt
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!