Chicken Mushrooms and Tomatoes with Port WineFrom peacekeeper0 6 years ago
- 4 chicken boneless breast halves (with skin or without) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/4 pound of small cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup port wine shopping list
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, cored and quartered, or 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half (about 2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Drop garlic into a small saucepan of boiling water, cook for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet and add chicken pieces. Cook over medium high heat until lightly browned on one side, about 1 minute. Turn and cook about 1 minute on the second side. Add mushrooms and cook, turning chicken occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots and the garlic cloves. Add Port wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken and tomatoes to a warm platter. Cook sauce down a minute or two. Pour onto chicken.