Cranberry LebkuchenFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- Base shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups honey shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square pan and line with waxed paper.
- Step 2:
- In a large saucepan over low heat, stir the honey and granulated sugar together. Add the butter and stir until melted. Remove saucepan from the heat.
- Step 3:
- Into a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to the honey mixture. Stir in the almonds, cranberries, and spices, mixing well to combine. The mixture will be sticky.
- Step 4:
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan; level and smooth the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick or tester inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Step 5:
- For the icing: In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar, lemon juice, and butter with a wooden spoon until blended and smooth. Ice the cake while it is still slightly warm. Store the cooled cake in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!