Canned Baked BeansFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 2 pound can butter beans, drained shopping list
- 1 pound lima beans, drained shopping list
- 1 pound kidney beans, drained shopping list
- 27 ounce can baked beans(your choice), UNdrained shopping list
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 1 or 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably yellow shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon strips until crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Reserve bacon drippings.
- Crumble bacon strips.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute onion, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder in drippings for 20 minutes.
- Combine the resulting sauce with the beans in a 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Add bacon.
- Mx well.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Can be combined in slow cooker on High for about 5 hours.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating2 people
Tx for the great recipe,,, my son is a bachelor and yes he does have a store full of baked beans lol... I am going to e-mail him this recipe...you get a high 5 from metinadc in Cape Town loved it