Spicy Ginger Muffins With Currants And Toasted PecansFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- butter for greasing muffin tin shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 C. dark molasses shopping list
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 2/3 C. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 C. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- pinch ground cloves shopping list
- 5 Tbls. Crystalized ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 C. chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 1/4 C. dried currants shopping list
- 1 1/3 C. Confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbls. whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk in baking soda until dissolved.
- Whisk in molasses and oil until mixture is tepid.
- Whisk in eggs and 1/2 tsp. grated ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, ground ginger, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in 4 Tbls. crystalized ginger, then the pecans and currants.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 tsp. grated ginger until mixture forms a smooth glaze.
- Spoon glaze evenly over muffins.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 1 Tbls. crystallized ginger.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
Hey chichi how are u???? havent seen you in a while glad youre back posting again do some more hahaha..i really like this one yummy
big hugs ..mini aka tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh Chichi- I just love the flavor combinations in this muffins! High 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!