Spicy Ginger Muffins With Currants And Toasted PecansFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- butter for greasing muffin tin shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 C. dark molasses shopping list
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 2/3 C. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 C. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- pinch ground cloves shopping list
- 5 Tbls. Crystalized ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 C. chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 1/4 C. dried currants shopping list
- 1 1/3 C. Confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbls. whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk in baking soda until dissolved.
- Whisk in molasses and oil until mixture is tepid.
- Whisk in eggs and 1/2 tsp. grated ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, ground ginger, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in 4 Tbls. crystalized ginger, then the pecans and currants.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the confectioner's sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 tsp. grated ginger until mixture forms a smooth glaze.
- Spoon glaze evenly over muffins.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 1 Tbls. crystallized ginger.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
Oh Chichi- I just love the flavor combinations in this muffins! High 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Hey chichi how are u???? havent seen you in a while glad youre back posting again do some more hahaha..i really like this one yummy
big hugs ..mini aka tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!