Hake in a light curry creamFrom leonora5 7 years ago
- 1 kg hake fillets shopping list
- salt and milled pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 15 ml curry powder shopping list
- 8 curry leaves shopping list
- 2 ml mustard seeds shopping list
- 15 ml sunflower oil shopping list
- 15 ml butter shopping list
- 60 ml white wine shopping list
- 2 carrots, slivered shopping list
- 2 leeks, slivered shopping list
- 200 ml cream shopping list
- 500 g frozen mussels in the half shell shopping list
- 1 lemon, shredded peel shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle hake fillets with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry garlic, curry powder, curry leaves and mustard seeds in oil and butter for a few seconds.
- Add wine, carrots and leeks.
- Stir-fry for 1 to 2 seconds longer, then add cream and mussels. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place fillets in an ovenproof dish, pour over sauce, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hake is just cooked but not dry.
- Serve with well seasoned brown rice lightly mixed with lentils, and freshly cooked spinach dotted with butter.
- TOTAL KILOJOULE COUNT: 9 620 kJ (2 300 Cal).
- A portion: 1 925 kJ (460 Cal).
The Cookleonora5 Kleinemonde, ZA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!