Pork Curry Over Cauliflower CouscousFrom c_gomezmail 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork (boneless shoulder, loin or chops), cubed shopping list
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 large head cauliflower shopping list
How to make it
- Trim and core cauliflower; cut into equal pieces. Place in food processor fitted with metal blade. Process using on/off pulsing action until cauliflower is in small uniform pieces about the size of cooked couscous. Do NOT puree. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a wok or large saucepan. Add curry powder and garlic; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until garlic is golden.
- Add pork; stir to coat completely with curry and garlic. Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until pork cubes are barely pink in the center. Add bell pepper and vinegar; cook and stir 3 minutes or until bell pepper is soft. Sprinkle with salt.
- Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced and pork is tender, adding additional water as needed.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet. Add cauliflower; cook and stir 5 - 8 minutes or until cooked crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
- Serve pork curry over cauliflower and pour sauce on top.