Apple Cobbler 2From blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled baking apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons quice-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- =================================================== shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla; add to crumb mixture.
- With a fork, gently mix in milk to moisten.
- Stir until dough forms a ball.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of a greadsed 13-in x 9-in x 2-in. baking pan.
- Chill the remaining dough.
- Toss apples with tapioca, cinnamon and remaining sugar; place over dough in pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled dough to fit top of pan.
- Place over apples.
- Brush with milk.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden.
- Yield: 12 - 16 servings.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating5 people
GREAT recipe, Blueby!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
awsome family . cobblerthanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
good recipe, 5ptsfrodo in meadville loved it