Gluten Free Chicken Pot PieFrom godsgirl 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- ½ cup white rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup potato starch shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ cup corn flour shopping list
- ¼ cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1 tsp xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 cup very cold butter shopping list
- 6-8 tbls very cold water (approx.) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour (or 1/3 cup gluten-free flour of your choice) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth, reserved from simmering chicken shopping list
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon (check ingredients/manufacturer to be sure still gluten-free) shopping list
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- ½ cup peas shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp thyme OR 1tsp dill shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cover chicken with water in a large pot. Add salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain chicken reserving 2 cups of the broth.
- While chicken is simmering, make crust:
- Combine flours and xanthan gum. Cut butter into flour mixture until consistency of bread crumbs (a pastry blender works great for this). Add enough of the water to form a ball. Refrigerate.
- Shred chicken.
- Melt butter & whisk in flour until bubbly. Add chicken broth, Better Than Bouillon, milk & seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Add peas & carrots. Add chicken. Simmer on low while finishing crust.
- Lay out wax paper on counter and sprinkle with corn starch. Use this to roll out dough on. Divide dough & roll into 2 large circles, cutting a steam vent in what will be the top crust. Line bottom of large pie plate with one circle. Pour filling into pie plate and top with 2nd crust. Trim edges.
- Bake until brown (40 to 50 minutes).
The Cookgodsgirl Casa Grande, AZ
The Rating3 people
Great and gluten free! 5 to you!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
sounds like a very good recipe... thank youpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Outstanding! Now a favorite.
Substituted nondairy margarine for the butter; MimicCreme for the milk to make it dairy free as well.BoneDoc in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!