Banana Walnut Coffee CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas mashed shopping list
- 1 firm banana for slicing shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a tube pan and dust with flour tapping out the excess and set aside.
- To make the walnut and sugar sprinkle combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the banana batter sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer on high speed until it is light.
- Gradually beat in the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Change the mixer speed to medium.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition then beat in the sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Change speed to low then beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Scatter half of the walnut and sugar sprinkle over the batter.
- Thinly slice the third banana over the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter and scatter the remaining walnut and sugar sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Carefully loosen the cake from the sides and tube of the pan, then invert onto a wire rack and turn right-side-up.
- Serve warm or cool sprinkled with sifted confectioners' sugar.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!