Thai Prawn Noodle SoupFrom katerina 9 years ago
- 3C chicken stock, try my homemade recipe. shopping list
- 2c water shopping list
- 3 stalks of lemongrass shopping list
- 3T fish stock, vietnamese or thai shopping list
- 10-12 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 1T canola oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- a thumb-sized piece of ginger, minced (about as much as the garlic when said and done.) shopping list
- 1 large shallot, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2t crushed thai chillies shopping list
- 20 raw prawns shopping list
- 1/4 package of rice stick noodles shopping list
- 2 limes, 1 1/2 juiced and 1/2 into wedges for garnish shopping list
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves only shopping list
How to make it
- Bring to a simmer the water, chicken stock, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemon grass(bruised) . Allow it to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- In a pot large enough to accommodate the stock sweat the shallots, garlic, ginger and chillies until shallot is translucent - about 5 minutes. Don't let the garlic brown!
- Strain the broth into the pot with the garlic and etc. Bring to a boil.
- Ideally you want to cook the noodles and prawns so they finish at the same time. In my case the noodles were about 6 minutes. So I cooked the noodles for 4 minutes, turned it down to a simmer and added the prawns which take about 2 minutes.
- When prawns and noodles are done take the soup off the heat. Stir in lime juice. Taste for salt, depending on your fish sauce you may need to add some.
- Ladle soup into bowls garnish with a healthy amount of cilantro and a lime wedge.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- Marylene Sherbrooke, Canada
- bobless Manchester, UK
- raspberryreich Lawrenceville, GA
- crumb756 Nowhere, Us
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- hiddenpoet Las Vegas, NV
- briee Bennington, VT
- oliveelephants St Paul, MN
- stitches04 Oklahoma City, OK
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!