Chocolate Mousse PieFrom mbeards2 8 years ago
- 1 8oz tube of Cool-Whip or other whipped topping shopping list
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teasp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup Hershey's Special dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips. shopping list
- 1 chocolate graham cracker crumb crust. (I believe Keebler makes them) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Beat in the sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Gently mix in the the Cool-Whip and set aside.
- Melt the cup of chocolate chips in a microwave. Wattages and power vary so I can't tell how long it will take to melt them.
- When chips have melted, stir them into the Cool-Whip/cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture into the pie chocolate pie crust and smooth it down. THis makes a tall pie.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips over the top of the pie and chill until ready to serve.
- "Healthier version"
- 1 8oz tub of sugar-free/fat-free whipped topping
- 1 8oz package of reduce fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teasp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate chips
- 2 T miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 chocolate graham cracker crumb crust
- Prepare as described previously.