Cranberry-apple CobblerFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 2 cups (about 1/2 Ib.) fresh cranberries shopping list
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- cheese-Flecked Pastry (recipe follows) shopping list
- sour cream, optional shopping list
- ------cheese-FLECKED PASTRY------ shopping list
- In a medium bowl mix 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/8 tsp. salt. shopping list
- Mix in 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. shopping list
- Cut in 3 Tbsp. firm butter or margarine and 1 Tbsp. lard until mixture forms fine crumbs. shopping list
- Gradually mix in 1 to 2 Tbsp. cold water until pastry clings together. roll out on a floured surface as directed in step 2. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cranberries and apples in a shallow 2 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle evenly with mixture of sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and tapioca. Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry about 1/8-inch thick to shape of casserole and about 1 inch larger on each side. Place over fruit mixture. Turn edges of pastry under even with edges of dish, and press against sides. Pierce or slash top in several places.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 min. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake until apples are tender and cobbler is bubbly, 25 to 30 min.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, spooning a little sour cream over each portion, if you wish.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!