Crusty Rolls Stuffed with Chicken amp TomatoFrom lexluv101 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 4 medium crusty sandwich rolls shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thick strips shopping list
- AND shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thick strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 large ripe Florida tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Brush chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place over medium coals on the grill, or under broiler. Cook on each side until tender and no longer pink. Transfer to a warm platter and set aside.
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise. Rub each side of the rolls with the cut side of the garlic then brush with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Grill or broil until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a medium-size sauté pan warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers and rosemary and sauté until tender. Stir in capers and olives. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut grilled chicken breasts into thin slices. On the bottom half of each roll layer chicken slices, pepper mixture and tomato slices. Cover with the top half of each roll and press down firmly so that the juices will soak into the roll. Serve warm.
The Cooklexluv101 Lakeland, FL
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Anything Goes287 members
My BEST Appetizer I Takemake For Parties112 members
Biscuits And Scones69 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
A Tea Party71 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Chicken Little167 members
We Still Use Recipe Boxes32 members