Sauteed Chicken Breast With Apple CurryFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 shallots chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 tart apple peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken half breasts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- Slices of red apple for garnish shopping list
- Chopped green onions for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat melt butter until very hot.
- Sauté shallots, garlic and ginger 2 minutes then add diced apple and toss to coat with butter.
- Add wine and cider then cook 4 minutes.
- In small sauté pan over high heat dry sauté the curry powder for 3 minutes.
- Add it and the cream to the apples and cook until sauce thickens about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then set sauce aside and keep it warm.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then heat olive oil in large sauté pan until smoking hot.
- Place chicken breast halves skin side down in pan and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and place sauté pan in oven and bake 45 minutes .
- Place chicken breasts on a serving platter and pour the apple curry sauce over all.
- Garnish with slices of red apple and a sprinkling of chopped green onions and serve.