Jingle Bell Cranberries on Boston LettuceFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 2c fresh cranberries,washed shopping list
- 1c sugar shopping list
- 2 heads boston lettuce,washed and chopped or torn shopping list
- 1 11oz can mandarin oranges,drained shopping list
- 2Tbs honey shopping list
- 2Tbs cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 1Tbs poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/4tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp black pepper shopping list
- 3Tbs orange juice shopping list
- 3/4c vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread cranberries in a shallow baking dish and distribute sugar evenly over them.Cover dish tightly with foil and bake 1 hour,stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate the candied cranberries till needed,up to 2 days.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl,whisk honey,vinegar,mustard powder,poppy seeds,salt ,pepper and orange juice. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Use immediately or refrigerate till needed,up to 2 days.
- To serve: Toss lettuce and oranges with dressing to coat greens lightly. Divide among chilled salad plates and garnish top generously with the candied cranberries.