General Tsos ChickenFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- THE SAUCE shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 4 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 4 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. rice vinegar shopping list
- 6 tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1/4 c White cooking wine shopping list
- THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 T. cornstarch shopping list
- a handful of dried chili peppers (japones or arbol) shopping list
- 1 tbs. fresh minced ginger shopping list
- 1 heaping spoonful of minced garlic (or, roughly 3 large cloves) shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 3 cloud ear mushrooms, soaked and sliced into strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup of baby corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup snow peas shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
How to make it
- First, make the sauce. This can be done hours, even days, in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Note, if you plan on keeping the sauce overnight, add the cornstarch right before you use it.
- Heat the wok or large pan with oil. Mix chicken, cornstarch, and egg. Deep fry a few pieces at a time until golden brown. Remove and set aside, putting chicken over a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Leave a little oil in the wok and toast the chili peppers until they turn dark red. This is merely to get a little flavor going in the oil. If you so desire, remove them at this point, or leave them in if you like more heat.
- Next, add the green onions and bell pepper and saute for a minute or so. Add the garlic and the ginger and stir until fragrant. Throw the chicken back in, along with remaining ingredients.
- Now add the sauce. Heat and stir until bubbly, well thickened, and fully heated through. Serve over rice.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating16 people
I love this stuff... do you deliver?
Those peppers, they are the long kind of dark red things that BURNS MY TONGUE? I found out how hot they were the hard way.
GOOD POST!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Wow, I made this and it was better than the reaturants! Great post...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Tried it. Loved it! Great post. Very tender and tasty. I left out the last 4 ingredients just to keep the flavors honest. I give this dish a 9+.foodfight in Atlanta loved it