Cheesy Turkey PastaFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 8 ounces Whole-Wheat penne shopping list
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cauliflower florets shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 cups low-fat milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Gruyre or swiss cheese shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or scallion Greens shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook until the pasta and florets are tender, about 4 minutes more.
- Drain, rinse and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until tender 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until reduced slightly, about 1 minute.
- Whisk milk, flour, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until smooth.
- Stir chicken (or turkey) and mustard into the cheese sauce; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce into the drained pasta and cauliflower.
- Serve sprinkled with chives (or scallion greens.)
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating3 people
HEY MY CHI CHI THERE YOU ARE ....DID YOU HAVE A NICE THANKSGIVING ............I SEE YOU HAVE TURKEY LEFT HAHAHAHA.............
FIVE... FOR IT IT SOUNDS GREAT
HUGS TO YA TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great new way to use leftover turkey!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!