Citrus Rice Salad With ParmesanFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups any rice shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup Extra Virging olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed Citrus juice, or more to taste (Lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, grapefruit, or a combination) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp grated Citrus Zest shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar or honey shopping list
- 1 cup chopped Citrus flesh of your choice (or whole segments, if small) shopping list
- 1/2 large Red or mild white onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Chopped almonds or pecans, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice in abundant salted water, as you would pasta until it is done; white rice will take 10 to 15 minutes, brown 30 or a little longer.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then put in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, citrus juice, zest, sugar or honey, salt and pepper in a blender and turn the machine on; a creamy emulsion will form within 30 seconds.
- Taste and add more citrus juice a teaspoon at a time until that balance tastes right to you.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over rice.
- Using 2 big forks to combine, fluffing rice and tossing gently to seperate grains.
- Stir in citrus flesh, onion and mint; taste and adjust the seasoning or moisten with a little more dressing.
- Serve, sprinkled with Parmesan and chopped nuts, at room temperature or refrigerate for up to a day, bringing salad back to room temperature before serving.