Steamed mussels in vermouth garlic sauceFrom rivet 6 years ago
- 2 LBS fresh mussels shopping list
- 3 Medium shallots shopping list
- 6 TBSP butter or olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves Elephant garlic (it's milder than the smaller ones) shopping list
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, chopped fine shopping list
- 3/4 Cup dry vermouth shopping list
- 3/4 Cup Chardonnay shopping list
- 2 TBSP Pernod shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and de-beard mussels
- Slice the garlic and shallots real thin
- Use a tall saucepan and MED/HI heat
- Saute the shallots in 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil for 1 minute
- Add the garlic and sautee for another minute
- Add mussles and basil
- Pour vermouth, wine and pernod over them and cover pan
- When mussles just begin to open, add remaining butter or oil.
- Cover and continue steaming
- When mussels are fully open and plump, about 3-4 minutes divide into 4 bowls sharing broth among all.
- Discard any mussels that don't open.
- Serve with crusty bread to sop up the juice and prepare for massive kudos!