Bourbon BBQ BrisketFrom merlin 8 years ago
- 1 3-4 lb. beef roast shopping list
- 2 t. Montreal steak seasoning shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/ 2 c. ketchup shopping list
- ¼ c. canola oil shopping list
- ¼ c. bourbon shopping list
- ½ c. seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 4 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 t. black pepper shopping list
- 2 T. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 T. onion power shopping list
- 2-3 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. cajun spice shopping list
- 1 T. Johnny’s au jus seasoning (optional) shopping list
- 2 t. Wondra (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Rinse the roast, pat dry, and cover all over with Montreal seasoning. Combine all other ingredients other than Johnny’s and Wondra to make a sauce.
- Using high strength aluminum foil, cover a roasting pan with enough left to comfortably cover roast. Put onion slices on the bottom, beef on top, and then cover with sauce. Cover tightly with foil, leaving enough room for the meat to steam.
- Cook 3-4 hours until meat is fork tender. Remove meat from pan and let sit. There should be plenty of juices to make gravy. Empty the juices into the backing pan. Add Johnny’s au jus and some Wondra to thicken.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating4 people
This recipe sounds like a "5"FORK!!!!!
Taste Treat ~ I really like the flavor that
'Montreal's' Steak Seasoning adds to
Thanks for sharing ~
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Yummy brisket recipe!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
sounds like a great recipe. ya got my 5bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!