Masitas De Puerco Fritas Fried PorkFrom 305cooking 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 lb. fresh pork loin or (boston butt) shopping list
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice (or 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice & 1/4 cup lime juice) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup pure spanish olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 fresh onion sliced into rings shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pork into 2 inch chunks. To prepare marinade: mix together garlic, chopped onion, orange juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, oregano, cumin and salt. Pour over pork chunks and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove meat from marinade. Place in pot with two cups of water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Simmer, uncovered until all water boils away -- about 30 to 45 minutes. Brown the pork in the oil until crispy on the outside -- DO NOT overcook! Add onion slices and saute briefly. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve with white rice and plantains.