Italian Sesame Stick CookiesFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- milk shopping list
- 2 cups sesame seeds, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream the butter in mixer bowl.
- Beat vanilla extract and sugar into the butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating lightly after each addition.
- Gradually mix in flour until smooth dough forms.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Chill 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour milk to a 1" level in a shallow bowl.
- Spread sesame seeds on waxed paper.
- On floured board, shape 1/4 cup of dough into a 10" rope.
- Cut rope into 2" pieces.
- Place pieces in milk and then roll in sesame seeds.
- Place 1" apart on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven.