Pineapple Upside-Down CakeFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter shopping list
- 29 ounce can pineapple rings (delicious with fresh sliced fruit!) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- maraschino cherries, as required, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in 9" cake pan OR cast iron skillet in preheating 350 degree F. oven.
- Arrange pineapple slices in pan.
- Place a cherry inside the ring of each slice, if desired.
- Combine flour, powder and cinnamon.
- Beat the rest of the butter with the sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Beat in flour alternately with milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into batter.
- Pour batter over fruit in pan or skillet.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.