Ginger Pumpkin Meringue PieFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- gingersnap-Graham Crust: shopping list
- 3/4 c. finely crushed gingersnaps (12 cookies) shopping list
- 1/2 c. finely crushed graham crackers (7 squares) shopping list
- 2 TBSP. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. melted butter shopping list
- pumpkin Filling: shopping list
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. maple syrup shopping list
- brown sugar Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare Crust: In large bowl combine gingersnap crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Stir in butter. Spread evenly on bottom and up the sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 4 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- For Filling, in bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, ginger, salt and cinnamon. Add eggs.; lightly beat with fork to combine. Gradually stir in milk and maple syrup.
- Pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Uncover edges. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- While pie bakes, prepare Meringue: In large mixing bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Add vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat on medium until soft peaks form. Gradually add brown sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks (tips stand straight).
- Carefully spread Brown Sugar Meringue over hot filling; seal to edge. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Loosely cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating1 people
Wow - what a very different and a delicious-looking beauty, Natalie. I love the gingersnap crust and that brown sugar meringue. I can't wait to give it a try. Thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!