Thai Coconut Curry MusselsFrom edieamean 6 years ago
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup sodium free chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (Asian markets are a good source) shopping list
- 1 tbsp asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 5 pounds or so of cleaned and scrubbed mussels (I prefer wild but cultivated ok) shopping list
- large handful of cilantro - chopped shopping list
- fresh baked bread for dipping in the sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine together milk, lime juice, white wine, broth, garlic, curry paste, fish sauce and sugar in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add mussels and cover and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Mussels are ready when they open.
- Discard any unopened mussels after cooking.
- Test sauce for saltiness.
- If too salty, you may add a small amount of very hot water to the pot to alleviate this.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and toss to combine.
- Transfer dish to a large serving bowl, sauce included, and serve as a centerpiece with fresh baked bread for dipping in the sauce.
- **Sauce and mussels are also delicious served over hot cooked pasta, such as linguini.
The Cookedieamean Evergreen, CO
The Rating3 people
Oh, delicious - don't mind if I do....make this recipe myself! I love Thai curry in any shape and form, but with mussels - you really hit a soft spot!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
That red curry paste really kicks this recipe up.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
How delightful - wow...thanks so much for the recipe. I cannot wait to try this. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!