Pineapple Beef CurryFrom paulasue1 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed beef broth shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomatoes, drained and diced shopping list
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, UNDRAINED shopping list
- 3 TBS. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 TBS. apricot preserves shopping list
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
- Assorted condiments. (be creative use as you wish; chopped sweet green and red peppers, sliced green onions, canned pineapple chunks, flaked coconut , mandarin orange segments and peanuts). shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10- inch skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned. Stirring to separate meat. Add curry; cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, pineapple, tomato paste and preserves. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions; simmer 5 minutes more or until tender, stirring occasionally .
- Serve over hot cooked rice with assorted condiments. Makes 4 cups.