Shrimp and Mussel MedleyFrom wolfpackjack 6 years ago
- 1 pound medium shrimp shopping list
- 1 pound cockles, mussels or small clams (I prefer mussels) shopping list
- 1 jar roasted red peppers 12 to 16 oz. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice shopping list
- 2 tablespoon Karo syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry.
- In small bowl, mix Cajun Spice with Karo syrup. Generously rub over shrimp, let it marinade for 15 minutes.
- -- The Puree --
- In a blender, place roasted red peppers with 1/4 cup water; puree until smooth; pour into a small bowl; stir in cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; sauté shrimp and cockles at the same time; shrimp 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through stirring frequently; cockles until open.
- Brush puree over shrimp and serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
Mmmmm...this looks and sounds sooo goood!!! Very beautiful and elegant dish, and I love the use of Karo syrup here!juels in Clayton loved it
Love it! It sounds so easy and delicious - and I am all about seafood. It's my middle name. Well, that's a fib...it's not my middle name...but it would fit if it was. ;-)
Mmmmm, I really like the sweet and savory play of the marinade ...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Wow! What a come back post. Love this, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!